- KangXi: page 268, character 33
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 6602
- Dae Jaweon: page 536, character 7
- Hanyu Da Zidian (first edition): volume 2, page 1073, character 11
- Unihan data for U+5AC1
|simp. and trad.
From 家 (, “home, house”), with the addition of the denominal verbalisation suffix *-s in Old Chinese, meaning “to go to one's new home; to become married”. In the Baxter–Sagart system, an additional pronunciation is posited for the causative sense (“to make someone become married; to *kraːmarry off”), formed with the prolific Old Chinese causative prefix *s-. Compare 娶.
- (of a woman) to marry; to become married to
- to give a daughter in marriage; to marry off
- (figuratively) to transfer; to shift (harm, charge, etc.); to put the (blame) on another person
- A surname.
- (to marry):
- “嫁”, in 漢語多功能字庫 (Multi-function Chinese Character Database), 香港中文大學 (the Chinese University of Hong Kong), 2014–
|Kanji in this term|
|For pronunciation and definitions of 嫁 – see the following entry.|
|(This term, 嫁, is an alternative spelling of the above term.)|
- 국제퇴계학회 대구경북지부 (國際退溪學會 大邱慶北支部) (2007). Digital Hanja Dictionary, 전자사전／電子字典. 
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text