See also: 赱
- KangXi: page 1215, character 1
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 37034
- Dae Jaweon: page 1683, character 4
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 5, page 3473, character 1
- Unihan data for U+8D70
|simp. and trad.
|Historical forms of the character 走|
|Western Zhou||Shuowen Jiezi (compiled in Han)||Liushutong (compiled in Ming)|
|Bronze inscriptions||Small seal script||Transcribed ancient scripts|
As with 圭 (guī), there are two separate vertical strokes, not a single one.
- † (dialectal Mandarin, Cantonese, Min, Wu) to run; to jog
- to go; to walk; to go on foot
- 走吧！ ― Zǒu ba! ― Let's go!
- to leave; to go away
- to leak; to let out
- (of devices) to run; to work
- to visit; to call on
- to make a move
- (euphemistic) to die
- to change; to lose original shape, flavour, etc.
- (Cantonese) to leave out (from a dish); to hold
- from; through
- 跑 (pǎo, “to run; (dialectal) to leave; (dialectal) to go”)
Derived terms from 走
|Kanji in this term|
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text