隹 (radical 172 隹+0, 8 strokes, cangjie input 人土 (OG) or X人土 (XOG), four-corner 20214/20215, composition ⿰亻⿻一主)
- (obsolete) short-tailed bird, dove
- Kangxi radical #172, ⾫ (“short tailed bird”).
This character is used mostly as a character component. Note that in Japanese and Korean scripts, the ㇔ dot above 隹 is written slanted from top right to lower left ／ as found in the Kangxi dictionary.
- Index:Chinese radical/隹
- 萑, 唯, 誰, 維, 翟, 瞿, 進, 脽, 䍜, 椎, 帷, 崔, 惟, 淮, 推, 陮, 錐, 蜼, 婎, 騅, 碓, 㢈, 嵟, 魋, 顀, 倠, 鵻, 奞, 猚, 𨾔, 閵, 睢, 趡, 琟, 雅, 難, 难, 雖, 雞
- KangXi: page 1364, character 5
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 41937
- Dae Jaweon: page 1867, character 22
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 6, page 4090, character 1
- Unihan data for U+96B9
隹 • (chu) (hangeul 추, revised chu, McCune-Reischauer ch'u, Yale chwu)
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text