See also: Cease
- (formal, intransitive) To stop.
- (formal, transitive) To stop doing (something).
- (obsolete, intransitive) To be wanting; to fail; to pass away, perish.
- 1667, John Milton, “Book II”, in Paradise Lost. […], London: […] [Samuel Simmons], […], →OCLC; republished as Paradise Lost in Ten Books: […], London: Basil Montagu Pickering […], 1873, →OCLC, lines 159-161:
- [...] wherefore ceaſe we then? / Say they who counſel Warr, we are decreed, / Reſerv'd and deſtin'd to Eternal woe;
Derived terms Edit
Related terms Edit