|Kanji in this term|
- (transitive) pull (something toward oneself)
- (transitive) pull (along); drag; drag along; bring along while going somewhere
- (transitive) bring (people) in; bring together
- (transitive) attract (someone's) attention
- (transitive) pull out; stretch; spread (something over a surface or a distance)
- (transitive) subtract; take away
- Roku kara yon o hiku to ni ni naru.
- Subtract 4 from 6 and you get 2.
- (transitive) (of an illness) catch
- Kaze o hiichatta.
- I caught a cold.
- (transitive) (of a stringed instrument) play
- (intransitive) pull out; pull back; withdraw; retreat
- (pull): 押す (osu)
- (to play a stringed instrument): 弾く (hiku)