to experience; to undergo; to pass through; all; each; every; calendar
“Historical records; history” [at least 5th CE].
- Cantonese (Jyutping): lik6 si2
- Hakka (Sixian, PFS): li̍t-sṳ́
- Min Dong (BUC): lĭk-sṳ̄
- Min Nan (POJ): lia̍k-sír / le̍k-sú / lia̍k-sí
- Wu (Wiktionary): liq sr (T5)
- Min Dong
- Min Nan
- (Hokkien: Quanzhou)
- (Hokkien: mainstream Taiwanese, Xiamen, Zhangzhou)
- (Hokkien: Philippines)
- (uncountable) history (the study of past events)
- (countable) past events; historical happenings; history (Classifier: 段)
- (uncountable) Short for 歷史學／历史学 (lìshǐxué, “the study of history; historiography”).
Just like in English, this Chinese term can refer to history as in the study of past events, as well as the past considered as a whole, or connected with a particular person or thing.
Derived terms from 歷史