to experience; to undergo; to pass through
to experience; to undergo; to pass through; all; each; every; calendar
“Historical records; history” [at least 5th C.E.].
- (uncountable) history (the study of past events)
- 歷史感 / 历史感 ― lìshǐ gǎn ― sense of history
- 歷史觀點 / 历史观点 ― lìshǐ guāndiǎn ― view of history
- 縱觀歷史 / 纵观历史 ― zòngguān lìshǐ ― throughout history
- 古代歷史 / 古代历史 ― gǔdài lìshǐ ― ancient history
- 歷史故事 / 历史故事 ― lìshǐ gùshi ― stories from history
- 歷史文獻 / 历史文献 ― lìshǐ wénxiàn ― historical document
- 歷史事件 / 历史事件 ― lìshǐ shìjiàn ― historical event
- 歷史人物 / 历史人物 ― lìshǐ rénwù ― historical figure
- 歷史古跡 / 历史古迹 ― lìshǐ gǔjì ― historical site
- (countable) past events; historical happenings; history (Classifier: 段)
- (uncountable) Short for 歷史學／历史学 (lìshǐxué, “the study of history; historiography”).
Just like in English, this Chinese term can refer to history as in the study of past events, as well as the past considered as a whole, or connected with a particular person or thing.
- → Zhuang: lizsij
|Kanji in this term|
|Hanja in this term|
|Hán tự in this term|