- (non-productive) In verbs: denoting the sense "through", as in perforate.
- (non-productive) In verbs: denoting the sense "thoroughly", as in perfect.
- (non-productive) In verbs: denoting the sense "to destruction", as in pervert.
- (non-productive) In adjectives and adverbs: denoting the sense "extremely", as in perfervid.
- (chemistry) Forming nouns and adjectives denoting the maximum proportion of one element in a compound, as in peroxide.
- (chemistry) Added to the name of an element in a polyatomic ion denote the number of atoms of that element (usually four).
- used to make superlatives of adjectives
- very beautiful
- very white
- Used to form nouns from verbs conjugated with ber-
From per (“through”).
- Used to make adjectives or verbs that are "very" something.
- Used to form verbs that are intensive or completive, conveying the idea of doing something all the way through or entirely.