See also: Appendix:Variations of "i"
- (in coining neologisms) A vowel inserted interconsonantally between morphemes of Latinate origin in order to ease pronunciation (an anaptyxis, a linking vowel).
- The Concise Oxford English Dictionary [Eleventh Edition] lists -i- as an entry.
The initial vowel of primate.
- -mab is the base suffix common to all monoclonal antibodies. (See that entry for full paradigm.)
- USP Dictionary of USAN and International Drug Names, U.S. Pharmacopeia, 2000
- Alternative form of
- Indicator of plural in nominal forms, except in nominative case, in which it is -t.
- talossa - taloissa ― in the house - in the houses
- if the plural indicator is between two vowels it becomes -j-
- talon - talojen ― of the house - of the houses