Christmas (plural Christmases)
- A festival, commemorating the birth of Jesus Christ and incorporating various Christian, pre-Christian and secular customs, which is celebrated on December 25 in most places.
- Do you celebrate Christmas?
- This Christmas we'll open presents then go to grandma's for dinner.
- The Twelve Days of Christmas: Christmastide; the season (traditionally from the 24th of December to the 6th of January) around the holiday.
- A personification of Christmas.
- (Can we add an example for this sense?)
- (marketing, retailing) The Christmas season, variously defined as the period from the Friday following Thanksgiving to Christmas Eve, or the end of the year period, when consumers shop and prepare for Christmas.
- The last three Christmases have been good for retailers.
- Christmas shoppers spent less this December, than last year, but our store will probably see just as many returned items during the twelve days of Christmas.
- Christmas box
- Christmas cake
- Christmas card
- Christmas carol
- Christmas cheer
- Christmas club
- Christmas comes but once a year
- Christmas cracker
- Christmas creep
- Christmas Day
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas is coming
- Christmas Island
- Christmas present
- Christmas pudding
- Christmas star
- Christmas stocking
- Christmas time
- Christmas tree
- Father Christmas
- like turkeys voting for Christmas
- Merry Christmas
- think all one's Christmases have come at once
- Twelve Days of Christmas
- white Christmas
- Christmas holly (Ilex aquifolium)
- → Afrikaans: Krismis
- → Gilbertese: Kiritimati
- → English: Kiritimati
- → Golin: geresma
- → Hawaiian: Kalikimaka
- → Japanese: クリスマス (Kurisumasu)
- → Korean: 크리스마스 (keuriseumaseu)
Christmas (not comparable)
- (US) Red and green (traditional Christmas colors), especially red and green chile sauce in New Mexican cuisine.