Audio (AU) (file)
- To continue in extent.
- To continue an action.
- To proceed.
- He went on to win a gold medal.
- To talk about a subject frequently or at great length.
- Will you stop going on about your stupid holiday.
- Sam goes on and on about Pokémon.
- 2002, Jane Green, Bookends, 2003 trade paperback edition, →ISBN, page 67:
- "I don't believe you." I shake my head. "How on earth did you remember that? I must have told you years ago." […]
- "First of all, you go on about it far more than you think you do, […] ."
- To use and adopt (information) in order to understand an issue, make a decision, etc.
- We can't go on what this map says; it's twenty years out of date.
- I didn't make a decision because I didn't have anything to go on.
- To happen (occur).
make a decision based on
- Expressing that the speaker can continue speaking without interruption from the listener.
- Expressing surprise, disbelief or incredulity.
- (Australia, New Zealand) Expressing encouragement, see come on.