Simplified from 癥 (徵 → 正).
In current form, Phono-semantic compound (形聲, OC *tjɯŋs): semantic 疒 (“disease”) + phonetic 正 (OC *tjeŋ, *tjeŋs) – a kind of disease.
症 (radical 104 疒+5, 10 strokes, cangjie input 大一卜一 (KMYM), four-corner 00111, composition ⿸疒正)
- disease, illness, ailment
- KangXi: not present, would follow page 772, character 11
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 22140
- Dae Jaweon: page 1183, character 1
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 4, page 2664, character 5
- Unihan data for U+75C7
症 • (jeung) (hangeul 증, revised jeung, McCune-Reischauer chŭng, Yale cung)
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text