See also: Appendix:Variations of "z", Ӡ [U+04E0 CYRILLIC CAPITAL LETTER ABKHASIAN DZE], ჳ [U+10F3 GEORGIAN LETTER WE], Ȝ [U+021C LATIN CAPITAL LETTER YOGH], ℨ [U+2128 BLACK-LETTER CAPITAL Z], and 3 [U+0033 DIGIT THREE]
ʒ (upper case Ʒ)
- The lowercase letter ezh, included in various Latin-based alphabets including the African reference alphabet.
- (IPA) voiced palatoalveolar fricative
- Coordinate term: ʃ (voiceless palatoalveolar fricative)
- (pharmacy) Alternative form of .
- 1624, Philip Barrough [i.e., Philip Barrow], “Of Making Bolus”, in The Method of Physick, Contaning[sic] the Cavses, Signes, and Cvres of Inward Diseases in Mans Body, from the Head to the Foote. Whereunto is Added, The Forme and Rule of Making Remedies and Medicines, which Our Physitions Commonly Vse at this Day, with the Proportion, Quantity, and Names of Each Medicine, book VII (in English), 6th edition, London: Imprinted by Richard Field, dwelling in great Woodstreete, OCLC 79430651, page 397:
- Bolvs in Engliſh is called a morſell. It is a medicine laxatiue, in forme and faſhion it is meanely whole, and it is ſwallowed by little gobbets. […] ℞ Medulla Caſſiæ fiſtulæ newly drawne, ʒ. vj. of Diaprunis laxatiuæ, ʒ. ij. of Sugar roſet [sugar compounded with rose petals] tabulate as much as ſufficeth, make a bole.
- ʒ on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- ezh on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- Voiced palato-alveolar sibilant on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
ʒ (upper case Ӡ)