|ơ|| U+01A1, ơ
LATIN SMALL LETTER O WITH HORN
(This etymology is missing or incomplete. Please add to it, or discuss it at the Etymology scriptorium.)
ơ (lower case, upper case Ơ)
- The 19th letter of the Vietnamese alphabet, preceded by Ô and followed by P, and representing /ɤ/.
- level tone: ơ
- high rising: ớ
- low: ờ
- dipping-rising: ở
- high rising glottalized: ỡ
- low glottalized: ợ
- The name of the Latin-script letter Ơ.
- "O" tròn như quả trứng gà
"Ô" thời/thì đội mũ, "ơ" thời/thì mang râu
- "O" is round like an egg
"Ô" wears a hat, and "ơ" has a beard
Borrowed from French e.
- (dated) The name of the Latin-script letter E.