See also: 作
- KangXi: page 110, character 29
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 861
- Dae Jaweon: page 236, character 13
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 1, page 186, character 18
- Unihan data for U+505A
|simp. and trad.
Colloquial form of the departing-tone variant of 作 (, “to do”), to differentiate from the checked-tone variant (now represented by t͡sɑH作). Loss of checked codas in Mandarin has resulted in homophony of the two.
- to do; to perform
- to make; to produce
- to become
- to give (a party, a reception)
- to be (a role)
- 做客 ― zuòkè ― to be a guest/visitor
- (euphemistic) to make love
Derived terms from 做
- “Entry #6937”, in 臺灣閩南語常用詞辭典 [Dictionary of Frequently-Used Taiwan Minnan] (in Chinese and Min Nan), Ministry of Education, R.O.C., 2011.
- (to) make/do
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text