Phono-semantic compound (形聲, OC *ɡaːn): phonetic 𠦝 (OC *kaːns) + semantic 韋 (“surround”).
- (～國) (historical) Han, an ancient Chinese county, viscounty, and kingdom of the Zhou Dynasty and the Qin–Han interregnum.
- The realm of this former state under other rulers.
- (astronomy) The star Zeta Ophiuchi in traditional Chinese astronomy, named for this state
- A surname, named for this state
- (historical) common designation of Mahan, Byeonhan, and Jinhan, three ancient tribal federations located on the southern part of the Korean Peninsula
- Short for 韓國／韩国 (Hánguó, “Korean (especially South Korean)”).
韓 • (han)
- Sound (hangeul): 한 (McCune-Reischauer: han, Yale: han)
- Name (hangeul): 한국 (revised: hanguk, McCune-Reischauer: hanguk, Yale: hankwuk)
- Korea, the Republic of Korea