- KangXi: page 511, character 11
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 14459
- Dae Jaweon: page 895, character 9
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 2, page 1162, character 8
- Unihan data for U+674E
|simp. and trad.
|Historical forms of the character 李
|Bronze inscriptions||Large seal script||Small seal script|
|Characters in the same phonetic series (子) (Zhengzhang, 2003)|
- Cantonese (Jyutping): lei5
- Hakka (Sixian, PFS): lí
- Min Dong (BUC): lī
- Min Nan (POJ): lí
- Wu (Wiktionary): li (T3)
- Min Dong
- Min Nan
- plum (tree and fruit)
- (astronomy) Zeta Virginis
- † Alternative form of 理 (lǐ, “judge; justice”).
- A surname, listed fourth in the Baijiaxing
In mainland China or among its expatriates, this name is generally romanized "Li" in accordance with the Hanyu Pinyin system. Although an identical transliteration is used in Wade-Giles, similarity to the English name has made the romanization "Lee" more common in Hong Kong and Taiwan. A notable example to this is Bruce Lee.
- Japanese reading of the Chinese or Korean surname.
- Japanese reading of the Chinese surname.
- Japanese reading of the Korean surname.
李 • (ri, i)
- (North Korea) 리, (South Korea) 이: the second most common surname in Korea
- (North Korea) 리, (South Korea) 이: plum