- 呍, 妘, 沄, 抎, 忶, 枟, 眃, 秐, 紜(纭), 耘, 耺, 夽, 芸, 凨, 囩, 雲, 藝, 魂, 䲰(𪉂)
- 転, 伝 (Simplified from 專 in Japanese)
- 沄, 叆, 叇, 昙 (Simplified from 雲 in traditional Chinese)
- 会, 尝, 层, 动, 运, 坛, 酝 (Simplified from various components in traditional Chinese)
- KangXi: page 86, character 8
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 254
- Dae Jaweon: page 178, character 1
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 1, page 384, character 2
- Unihan data for U+4E91
|Historical forms of the character 云|
|Shang||Shuowen Jiezi (compiled in Han)|
|Oracle bone script||Small seal script|
|Characters in the same phonetic series (云) (Zhengzhang, 2003)|
Pictogram (象形), originally a stylized picture of clouds. Jiajie (假借) - The character was subsequently borrowed for a near-homophone meaning "to say", and the original meaning came to be represented by 雲 (), through the addition of a semantic component *ɢun雨 (“rain”).
The simplified form adopted by the People's Republic of China in the 1950s eliminates this later addition and uses 云 for both "to say" and "cloud".
|For pronunciation and definitions of 云 – see 雲 (“cloud; cloud; etc.”).|
(This character, 云, is the simplified form of 雲.)
|simp. and trad.
- Goon: うん (un)
- Kan’on: うん (un)
- Kun: いう (iu, 云う)←いふ (ifu, historical)
- Nanori: おき (oki); これ (kore); とも (tomo); ひと (hito)
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text