- Used to form nouns meaning the location or object where something is usually found.
- Used to form nouns meaning a plant which is cultivated to produce something.
- Used to form nouns meaning the purpose of something or an object used for that purpose.
The equivalent suffix -er can be used to form masculine nouns with these meanings, but usually only the masculine or feminine form will be found in Catalan.
-era f (masculine -er)
- Used to form nouns and adjectives referring to an inhabitant of somewhere.
- Used to form nouns and adjectives referring to engaging in a profession.
- Used to form nouns and adjectives referring to being prone to some activity or characteristic.
Because these senses are used to form adjectives of two forms or nouns referring to animate objects, both the masculine and feminine forms will be found in Catalan, with the lemma entry found at the masculine form.
- Used to form nouns meaning the desire to undertake some task.
Unlike the other senses of this suffix, this meaning is used only to form feminine nouns.
- feminine equivalent of
- feminine singular of
- indicates a place or object where something can be found, kept or done
- indicates a physical state or disability
- forms names of certain plants or trees from the name of their fruit