几 (Kangxi radical 16, 几+0, 2 strokes, cangjie input 竹弓 (HN), four-corner 77210, composition ⿰丿㇈)
- Kangxi radical #16, ⼏.
- Shuōwén Jiězì radical №493
This character is not to be confused with 𠘧 (
U+20627) which is another radical in Shuōwén.
- Appendix:Chinese radical/几
- 仉, 叽, 𡚫, 㞦, 𢁒, 𢎪, 𢖯, 𢩫, 㲹, 𤜝, 𨸔, 机, 𭭙, 𣦽, 𣬠, 玑, 肌, 矶, 𥘌, 𬓠, 竌, 䘛, 籶, 𥾊, 𰭗, 𫇔, 虮, 𮗸, 𧺋, 𧾾, 䡄, 𨱙, 釠(𰽕), 𮓟, 𩉜, 飢(饥), 𩨒, 𮬥, 𪊋, 𣽳, 𧇔, 𧶹, 𪗗
- 亢, 𡯂, 冗, 𭅠, 宂, 𫵳, 𭙍, 芁, 𣱻, 𠫞, 𤴪, 𥃯, 秃, 𥤤, 𥩕, 𦒲, 虎, 𧘊, 𧟣, 咒, 壳, 𢆻, 亮, 𩁸, 𣑽, 𧦕, 髠, 焭, 𪎑, 麂, 𨳋, 𭍚
- 䢳, 𧆡, 𩑏, 𬺲, 𧦔, 斻, 𣃲
- 讥, 机 (Simplified from 譏, 機 in traditional Chinese)
- See also 𠘧#Derived characters
- See also 𠘨#Derived characters
- 幾 (Traditional form of 几)
- KangXi: page 133, character 57
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 1737
- Dae Jaweon: page 299, character 8
- Hanyu Da Zidian (first edition): volume 1, page 275, character 19
- Unihan data for U+51E0
|Historical forms of the character 几|
|Warring States||Shuowen Jiezi (compiled in Han)||Liushutong (compiled in Ming)|
|Chu slip and silk script||Small seal script||Transcribed ancient scripts|
Characters in the same phonetic series (几) (Zhengzhang, 2003)
Pictogram (象形) – stool (viewed from the side).
|simp. and trad.
From Proto-Sino-Tibetan *krəj (“foot, leg; stool”). Compare Tibetan ཁྲི (khri) and Burmese ခြေ (hkre).
- † stool; chair
- 謀於長者，必操几杖以從之。長者問，不辭讓而對，非禮也。 [Classical Chinese, trad.]
- From: The Book of Rites, c. 4th – 2nd century BCE
- Móu yú zhǎngzhě, bì cāo jī zhàng yǐ cóng zhī. Zhǎngzhě wèn, bù círàng ér duì, fēilǐ yě. [Pinyin]
- In going to take counsel with an elder, one must carry a stool and a staff with him (for the elder's use). When the elder asks a question, to reply without acknowledging one's incompetency and (trying to) decline answering, is contrary to propriety.
谋于长者，必操几杖以从之。长者问，不辞让而对，非礼也。 [Classical Chinese, simp.]
- long narrow table; bench
- small table
- 茶几 ― chájī ― tea table
- → Vietnamese: ghế (“chair”)
|For pronunciation and definitions of 几 – see 幾 (“how much; how many; what; which; etc.”).|
(This character, 几, is the simplified form of 幾.)
|For pronunciation and definitions of 几 – see 人 (“man; person; people; a person associated with a particular identity or trait; -er; etc.”).|
(This character, 几, is a variant form of 人.)
|For pronunciation and definitions of 几 – see 明 (“bright; light; brilliant; clear; limpid; etc.”).|
(This character, 几, is an ancient form of 明.)
|For pronunciation and definitions of 几 – see 𠘧 (“Refers to the wings of a bird in flight.; etc.”).|
(This character, 几, is a variant form of 𠘧.)
- table, table enclosure
- table or wind radical
- 국제퇴계학회 대구경북지부 (國際退溪學會 大邱慶北支部) (2007). Digital Hanja Dictionary, 전자사전／電子字典. 
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text