- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈdɪlɪdʒəns/
- Hyphenation: di‧li‧gence
- The stage-coach sense may be pronounced as in French.
- Steady application; industry; careful work involving long-term effort.
- The qualities of a hard worker, including conscientiousness, determination, and perseverance.
- (historical, 19th century) A public stage-coach.
- (law, Scotland) The process by which persons, lands, or effects are seized for debt; process for enforcing the attendance of witnesses or the production of writings.
- worksomeness (rare)
qualities of a hard worker, including conscientiousness, determination, perseverance
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
diligence f (plural diligences)
- → Dutch: diligence