- KangXi: page 287, character 13
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 7195
- Dae Jaweon: page 568, character 21
- Hanyu Da Zidian (first edition): volume 2, page 938, character 10
- Unihan data for U+5BBF
|simp. and trad.
- “To stay overnight; lodge > night; mansion of the zodiac [i.e. the Sun's lodging stations]”
- Probably related to Austroasiatic: cf. Old Khmer *ruk (“to take cover or shelter”) > Khmer ជ្រុក (cruk, “shelter; refuge”), Khmer ស្រុក (srok, “settlement; village”) (Schuessler, 2007). Benedict (1972) relates it to the Tibeto-Burman terms listed in the etymology of 夜 (, “night”), however the phonetics is difficult to reconcile in the current reconstructions. *laːɡs
- to stay overnight; to lodge
- to reside; to live; to dwell
- lodge; lodging station; residence
- perching bird; resting bird
- to keep watch at night; to be on night duty
- night; nighttime
- Classifier for the number of nights: night
- to be content with
- to stay; to stay behind; to delay; to stop over; to be stationed
- (from) last night; the previous night; overnight
- (from) last year; spanning two years
- the past; former times
- old; longstanding
- big; great; considerable
- old and experienced; skilful; master
- renowned person; someone of high standing
- Alternative form of 夙 (sù, “usually; normally”).
- predestined; preordained
- 宿命 ― sùmìng ― destiny [lit. predestined life]
- in advance; beforehand
- Alternative form of 肅／肃 (sù, “respectful; solemn”).
- Alternative form of 肅／肃 (sù, “to admonish; to warn”).
- Alternative form of 肅／肃 (sù, “to offer”).
- (～國) (historical) The name of an ancient state located in modern-day Dongping county in Shandong province.
- (～州) (historical) The name of an ancient prefecture during the Tang dynasty, located in modern-day Suzhou city in Anhui province.
- (～縣) (historical) The name of an abolished county, now the Suzhou city in Anhui province.
- Short for 宿州 (Sùzhōu, “Suzhou city in Anhui province”).
- A surname.
Derived terms from 宿
Derived terms from 宿
- Go-on: しゅ (shu); すく (suku)
- Kan-on: しゅう (shū); しゅく (shuku, Jōyō)
- Kan’yō-on: しゅく (shuku, Jōyō)
- Kun: やどる (yadoru, 宿る, Jōyō); やど (yado, 宿, Jōyō); やどす (yadosu, 宿す, Jōyō)
- 民宿 (minshuku): traditional Japanese budget inn
- 新宿 (Shinjuku): Shinjuku
- 宿題 (shukudai): homework
- 宿命 (shukumei): destiny; fate
- 宿泊 (shukuhaku): lodging
- 野宿 (nojuku): sleeping rough; wild camping
- 安宿 (yasuyado): cheap hotel
- 숙면 (宿眠, sungmyeon)
- 숙명 (宿命, sungmyeong)
- 숙소 (宿所, sukso)
- 숙취 (宿醉, sukchwi)
- 투숙 (投宿, tusuk)
- 혼숙 (混宿, honsuk)
- 숙제 (宿題, sukje)
- 숙원 (宿願, sugwon)
- 숙직 (宿直, sukjik)
- 숙주 (宿主, sukju)
- 숙적 (宿敵, sukjeok)
- 기숙 (寄宿, gisuk)
- 여숙 (旅宿, yeosuk)
- 앙숙 (怏宿, angsuk)
- 합숙 (合宿, hapsuk)
- 숙환 (宿患, sukhwan)
- 숙원 (宿怨, sugwon)
- 숙식 (宿食, suksik)
- 숙망 (宿望, sungmang)
- 동숙 (同宿, dongsuk)
- 숙변 (宿便, sukbyeon)
- 하숙 (下宿, hasuk)
- 숙객 (宿客, sukgaek)
- 숙박 (宿泊, sukbak, “accommodation”)
- 국제퇴계학회 대구경북지부 (國際退溪學會 大邱慶北支部) (2007). Digital Hanja Dictionary, 전자사전／電子字典. 
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text