- li̍t - literary;
- la̍t - vernacular.
- chestnut tree, chestnuts
- A surname.
|For pronunciation and definitions of 栗 – see 慄.
(This character, 栗, is the simplified form of 慄.)
栗 • (ryul, yul) (hangeul 률, 율, revised ryul, yul, McCune-Reischauer ryul, yul, Yale lyul, yul)
- (밤): chestnut (fruit, tree)
- (떨다): shivering, shuddering, trembling
- ^ This was authored by several scholars at the direction of King Sejong of Yi Dynasty, concerning the folk medical herb gathering by month.
- ^ Cited by: 南廣祐 (1997). 敎學古語辭典. 敎學社. page 538.
- ^ "末栗" is a hanja rendering for 말밤(mal-bam), the origin of 마름(mareum, 菱) "water caltrop, water chestnut," literally, "coarse chestnut" such as "horse-chestnut".
- ^ Another likely literal reading is malryul, as given above.
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text