See also: Yourself
- (Received Pronunciation, strong) IPA(key): /jɔːˈsɛlf/
- (Received Pronunciation, strong) IPA(key): /jəˈsɛlf/
- (General American, strong) IPA(key): /jʊɹˈsɛlf/
- (General American, weak) IPA(key): /jɚˈsɛlf/
- Hyphenation: your‧self
- Rhymes: -ɛlf
Audio (US) (file)
yourself (referring to the person being spoken to, previously mentioned, the reflexive case of you)
- (reflexive) Your own self (singular).
- Be careful with that fire or you'll burn yourself.
- You (singular); used emphatically, especially to indicate exclusiveness of the referent's participation in the predicate, i.e., that no one else is involved.
- You yourself know that what you wrote was wrong.
- After a good night's sleep you'll feel like yourself again.
(reflexive) your own self
you, used emphatically
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
English personal pronouns