merit; achievement; result; service; accomplishment
|simp. and trad.
- time (to do something); synonym for 工夫 (gōngfu)
- efforts (devoted to a task)
- accomplishments, achievement
- skill; art; workmanship (especially Chinese martial arts)
- kung fu (Chinese Martial art)
- Originally, kung fu referred to any skill learned through great effort. Used by the Occident to refer to Chinese martial arts (武術／武术 (wǔshù)), kung fu is now used by Chinese to also refer to martial arts, but only since the late twentieth century.