- KangXi: page 871, character 8
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 25761
- Dae Jaweon: page 1301, character 17
- Hanyu Da Zidian (first edition): volume 4, page 2709, character 4
- Unihan data for U+7AE0
|simp. and trad.
|Historical forms of the character 章|
|Western Zhou||Warring States||Shuowen Jiezi (compiled in Han)||Liushutong (compiled in Ming)|
|Bronze inscriptions||Chu Slip and silk script||Small seal script||Transcribed ancient scripts|
- chapter; section
- composition; structure
- 文章 ― wénzhāng ― article, essay
- rules; regulations; constitution; charter
- 章程 ― zhāngchéng ― rules; charter
- seal; stamp
- badge; medal; emblem
- 徽章 ― huīzhāng ― badge, emblem
- order (Can we verify(+) this sense?)
- memorial to the throne
- 奏章 ― zòuzhāng ― memorial to the throne
- Alternative form of 彰 (zhāng, “obvious; well-known; to make manifest; to distinguish”).
- 「殷之三仁」皆暗於前而章於後，何益於事？何補於君？ [MSC, trad.]
- From: c. early 1st century, Huan Tan (桓譚), New Treatise (《新論》)
- “Yīn zhī sānrén” jiē àn yú qián ér zhāng yú hòu, hé yì yú shì? Hé bǔ yú jūn? [Pinyin]
- The so-called "three virtuous men of Yin" were all in various forms of oblivion beforehand and were accorded great fame after the fact. How did that help with the matters of their country? What use were there to their prince?
“殷之三仁”皆暗于前而章于后，何益于事？何补于君？ [MSC, simp.]
- Classifier for chapters, etc.
- A surname. Zhang; Cheung
- (Chinese astronomy) the cycle of 19 years (approximate common multiple for the synodic month and tropical year, similar to the Metonic cycle)
- 十九歲為一章。四章為一蔀，七十六歲。 [Classical Chinese, trad.]
- From: c. early 3rd century, Zhao Shuang (趙爽), editor. Zhoubi Suanjing (《周髀算經》)
- Shíjiǔ suì wéi yī zhāng. Sì zhāng wèi yī bù, qīshíliù suì. [Pinyin]
- [The cycle of] nineteen years constitute one zhang. Four zhang make one bu, which is seventy-six years.
十九岁为一章。四章为一蔀，七十六岁。 [Classical Chinese, simp.]
- (chapter): 章段 (zhāngduàn)
Derived terms from 章
- Go-on: しょう (shō, Jōyō)←しやう (syau, historical)
- Kan-on: しょう (shō, Jōyō)←しやう (syau, historical)
- Nanori: あき (aki); あきら (akira); あや (aya); ふみ (fumi)
- A male given name
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text