See also: 无论
to talk (about); to discuss; theory
to talk (about); to discuss; theory; by the; per; the Analects (of Confucius)
- no matter (what, how, etc.); regardless of; whether
- let alone; not to mention; much less
- 問今是何世，乃不知有漢，無論魏晉。 [MSC, trad.]
- From: 421, Tao Yuanming (陶淵明) The Peach-Blossom Fountain (《桃花源記》). English text based on the translation by Herbert Allen Giles, 1922.
- Wèn jīn shì héshì, nǎi bùzhī yǒu Hàn, wúlùn Wèi Jìn. [Pinyin]
- They then enquired about the politics of the day, ignorant of the establishment of the Han dynasty, and of course of the later dynasties which had succeeded it.
问今是何世，乃不知有汉，无论魏晋。 [MSC, simp.]
- (no matter):
- (let alone):
- (literary) to not investigate
|Kanji in this term|
- no doubt, naturally, of course, it goes without saying
More commonly used as an adverb.