Derived in the Heian period from writing the man'yōgana kanji 祢 in the cursive sōsho style.
ね (romaji ne)
- The hiragana syllable ね (ne). Its equivalent in katakana is ネ (ne). It is the twenty-fourth syllable in the gojūon order; its position is な行え段 (na-gyō e-dan, “row na, section e”).
- (Hiragana) 平仮名; あぁ, いぃ, うぅゔ, えぇ, おぉ, かゕが, きぎ, くぐ, けゖげ, こご, さざ, しじ, すず, せぜ, そぞ, ただ, ちぢ, つっづ, てで, とど, な, に, ぬ, ね, の, はばぱ, ひびぴ, ふぶぷ, へべぺ, ほぼぽ, ま, み, む, め, も, やゃ, ゆゅ, よょ, ら, り, る, れ, ろ, わゎ, ゐ, ゑ, を, ん, ー, ゝ, ゞ, ゟ
Compare Korean 네 (ne, “yes, yeah, right”).
ね • (ne)
- (after a phrase) emphasis and question marker particle; asks for confirmation; right?; eh?; isn't it, innit?
- Anata wa atama ga ii ne.
- You’re smart, aren’t you.
- Kakkō ii desu ne.
- That’s pretty neat, eh?
- “Kimoi.” “Da yo nē”
- "Gross." "Isn't it?"
ね • (ne)
- (informal, begins sentences) particle used to catch listener’s attention; hey
- Ne, shitteru?
- Hey, did you know?
- (informal, women's speech) I know, right?
|For pronunciation and definitions of ね – see the following entries.
|(This term, ね, is an alternative spelling of the above terms.|
For a list of all kanji read as ね, not just those used in Japanese terms, see Category:Japanese kanji read as ね.)
(The following entry is uncreated: 嶺.)