- KangXi: page 159, character 18
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 2855
- Dae Jaweon: page 364, character 7
- Hanyu Da Zidian (first edition): volume 1, page 314, character 2
- Unihan data for U+5373
|simp. and trad.
|Historical forms of the character 即|
|Shang||Western Zhou||Shuowen Jiezi (compiled in Han)||Liushutong (compiled in Ming)|
|Oracle bone script||Bronze inscriptions||Small seal script||Transcribed ancient scripts|
- (obsolete) to come near to eat
- to approach; to come near; to be near
- 虎將即禽，禽不知虎之即己也，而相鬥兩罷，而歸其死於虎。 [Classical Chinese, trad.]
- From: Zhanguo Ce, circa 5th – 3rd centuries BCE
- Hǔ jiāng jí qín, qín bùzhī hǔ zhī jí jǐ yě, ér xiàng dòu liǎng bà, ér guī qí sǐ yú hǔ. [Pinyin]
- A tiger is about to approach [two] beasts. The beasts are not aware that the tiger is approaching themselves, and instead fought among themselves such that they both became exhausted. In the end they would both die in the hands of the tiger.
虎将即禽，禽不知虎之即己也，而相斗两罢，而归其死于虎。 [Classical Chinese, simp.]
- to ascend; to go up; to assume office
- 即位 ― jíwèi ― to ascend to the throne
- prompted by the occasion
- (literary) if; assuming that
- (literary) even if; even though
- namely; that is; to be the same as; i.e.
- promptly; quickly; immediately; at once
- now; at present
- 在即 ― zàijí ― to be imminent
- A surname.
- “即”, in 漢語多功能字庫 (Multi-function Chinese Character Database), 香港中文大學 (the Chinese University of Hong Kong), 2014–
|Kanji in this term|
- Alternative form of
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text