Derived in the Heian period from writing the man'yōgana kanji 不 in the cursive sōsho style.
ふ (romaji fu)
- The hiragana syllable ふ (fu). Its equivalent in katakana is フ (fu). It is the twenty-eighth syllable in the gojūon order; its position is は行う段 (ha-gyō u-dan, “row ha, section u”).
- (Hiragana) 平仮名; あぁ, いぃ, うぅゔ, えぇ, おぉ, かゕが, きぎ, くぐ, けゖげ, こご, さざ, しじ, すず, せぜ, そぞ, ただ, ちぢ, つっづ, てで, とど, な, に, ぬ, ね, の, はばぱ, ひびぴ, ふぶぷ, へべぺ, ほぼぽ, ま, み, む, め, も, やゃ, ゆゅ, よょ, ら, り, る, れ, ろ, わゎ, ゐ, ゑ, を, ん, ー, ゝ, ゞ, ゟ
ふ • (fu)
- 賦: fu (Chinese literary form developed during the times of the Han dynasty that combines prose and poetry)
- 麸, 麩: wheat bran; wheat gluten; foods made from wheat gluten, somewhat similar to bread
- 府: borough, urban prefecture, government office
- 負: negative, minus
- 歩: pawn
ふ • (fu-)
- 不: un-, non-, in-