to be born; to give birth; life; to grow; student; raw
to live; alive; living; work; workmanship
|simp. and trad.
- life (activities in life)
|Kanji in this term|
生活 is distinct from 命 (いのち, inochi, life), because it refers to daily life and livelihood as it is experienced, whereas 命 refers to life as a whole (from birth to death), or as an abstract concept. Both are generally translated as life, however, as this distinction is not normally made in English.
- 暮らし (kurashi)
- 生活費 (seikatsuhi): living expenses
- 生活様式 (seikatsu-yōshiki): life style
- 実生活 (jisseikatsu): actual life
- 日常生活 (nichijō-seikatsu): daily life
|Hanja in this term|