Hello, welcome to Wiktionary, and thank you for your contribution so far. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
- How to edit a page is a concise list of technical guidelines to the wiki format we use here: how to, for example, make text boldfaced or create hyperlinks. Feel free to practice in the sandbox. If you would like a slower introduction we have a short tutorial.
- Entry layout explained (ELE) is a detailed policy documenting how Wiktionary pages should be formatted. All entries should conform to this standard, the easiest way to do this is to copy exactly an existing page for a similar word.
- Our Criteria for inclusion (CFI) define exactly which words Wiktionary is interested in including, there is also a list of things that Wiktionary is not for a higher level overview.
- The FAQ aim to answer most of your remaining questions, and there are several help pages that you can browse for more information.
- We have discussion rooms in which you can ask any question about Wiktionary or its entries, a glossary of our technical jargon, and some hints for dealing with the more common communication issues.
I hope you enjoy editing here and being a Wiktionarian! If you have any questions, bring them to the Wiktionary:Information desk, or ask me on my talk page. If you do so, please sign your posts with four tildes: ~~~~ which automatically produces your username and the current date and time.
Again, welcome! Nadando 19:42, 4 June 2009 (UTC)
Hello Robbie, I'm bothering you for a personal translation request:) My friend's going to get a tattoo and he asked me of which language he should have it. Can you please tell me what "she exists as long as her presence is felt" means in Romanian and Swedish? I don't want it to sound stupid as he'll have it forever; so if you have a better idea to translate with a similar meaning, I'd appreciate that :) Thank you so much in advance! Sinek 17:38, 20 August 2010 (UTC)
- Hey, thank you very much for your friendly response and for your translations! That really helped but.. It's a bit longer than we expected; it means more pain and more money :D To ask you for your personal oppinion, what would you advise? Something a bit shorter, like "feeling perpetuates her" or anything else you'd like. Am I being too much? :D Sorry for bothering you, and waitin for your answer. Cheers! Sinek 21:14, 21 August 2010 (UTC)
- Hii! How is it goin? Well I want to thank you for your helps once again, and tell you what happened. My friend chose a Latin translation and we were at the tattoo shop with all translations I found. There was a girl with her boyfriend and they looked at the translations, then suddenly made up their mind! Her boyfriend got "Hon är alltid med mig" and she got "Imortală în sufletul meu". Not my friend, but other two guys will carry your translations forever :) Sinek 09:19, 10 September 2010 (UTC)
Har du lust att bidra med synpunkter i raderingsdiskussionen om verbformen göro, tack? --LA2 16:56, 24 August 2010 (UTC)
commas and cedillasEdit
Hello. If you ever want help to move Romanian entries from cedillas to commas in ro.wiktionary, let me know. I've got a script that can do the job. --flyax 00:11, 2 March 2011 (UTC)
Hello. Yes, I'm wiliing to help. Here are my thoughts. First we have to find all Romanian entries with a t/s cedilla. That's easy (see the instructions on my ro.wikt page). Then we have to exclude the entries that have a second language section, i.e. Turkish. I don't know if there are other languages using these t/s cedilla characters, so I'll need your help in that. If Turkish is the only language we have to take care about, then this step is also quite simple and we can proceed to renaming all Romanian entries by bot.
The final step is to change each and every instance of t/s cedilla in the entries' body. That will be a bit more tricky because we'll have to exclude again any Turkish (or other as well?) words, existing let's say in translations or etymologies. This is something that may need to wait a bit - we wouldn't want to mess entries up. But I think we'll find a solution. So, what do you think? Do you want me to go on with movings entries for now and wait for the rest? --flyax 13:19, 14 March 2011 (UTC)
- Thank you for your reply!
- I think you can go ahead and start moving entries on the condition that they remain as redirects (I would also like to explore the possibility of creating a robot that automatically creates cedilla redirects every time an article containing the new letters is created).
- I'm concerned about the necessary changes to entries' body: it has to be done but I don't know how to do it. Even articles in other languages containing Romanian translations have to be dealt with.
- Let me know what I can do!
- Best Regards --Robbie SWE 13:38, 14 March 2011 (UTC)
- OK. I think that by Friday I'll be ready to move (rename) the Romanian entries. I suggest that from now on we continue our discussion on ro.wikt. I' ll take the liberty to copy these messages there, on my discussion page. --flyax 18:00, 14 March 2011 (UTC)
I know we had talked about him before and I was supposed to be watching his edits, which I did a bit... but the sânt thing was just too much for even me, so I blocked him for 6 months. So that'll be at least a break from his viral editing. :) OH, daca nu ma recunosti, sunt Opiaterein :D Numele e nou. — [ R·I·C ] Laurent — 13:45, 4 June 2011 (UTC)
- Hi (Dick)Laurent! Yes, I remember you (an intelligent and hardworking linguist is never forgotten ;-) and thank you for blocking BaicanXXX. I've been keeping him under daily surveillance, but I just kind of stopped bothering to change his incorrect edits (there are far too many). However, the "sânt" thing really p****d me off, because it has never been correct, ever (sînt; yeah...ok, not my cup of tea but still alright; sunt...definitely!). Take care :-) --Robbie SWE 19:06, 4 June 2011 (UTC)
Salut! I wanted to be sure you spotted this discussion, in case you wanted to comment on whether User:Torvalu4 is correct that many Romanian words are from Albanian, or whether he is pushing some POV. - -sche (discuss) 20:56, 30 August 2012 (UTC)
- I don't get your request? --Robbie SWE (talk) 13:15, 13 October 2013 (UTC)
- Aren't we all friends on Wiktionary? ;-) (PS: just to help you with your Romanian: it should be "pot deveni amicul tău?") --Robbie SWE (talk) 13:19, 13 October 2013 (UTC)
- Seems alright to me. --Robbie SWE (talk) 19:24, 3 February 2014 (UTC)