See also: 领
- KangXi: page 1402, character 23
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 43423
- Dae Jaweon: page 1919, character 9
- Hanyu Da Zidian (first edition): volume 7, page 4365, character 5
- Unihan data for U+9818
|Historical forms of the character 領|
|Shuowen Jiezi (compiled in Han)||Liushutong (compiled in Ming)|
|Small seal script||Transcribed ancient scripts|
- (literary, anatomy) neck
- 如有不嗜殺人者，則天下之民皆引領而望之矣。 [Classical Chinese, trad.]
- From: Mencius, circa 4th century BCE
- Rú yǒu bù shì shārén zhě, zé tiānxià zhī mín jiē yǐnlǐng ér wàng zhī yǐ. [Pinyin]
- If there were one who did not find pleasure in killing men, all the people in the nation would look towards him with outstretched necks.
如有不嗜杀人者，则天下之民皆引领而望之矣。 [Classical Chinese, simp.]
- main point
- to lead; to guide
- to get; to receive
- to understand
- Classifier for items such as clothes, mats and screens.
- A surname.
Derived terms from 領
- “Entry #10950”, in 臺灣閩南語常用詞辭典 [Dictionary of Frequently-Used Taiwan Minnan] (in Chinese and Min Nan), Ministry of Education, R.O.C., 2011.
|Kanji in this term|
|For pronunciation and definitions of 領 – see the following entry.|
|(This term, 領, is an alternative spelling of the above term.)|
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text