Ideogrammic compound (會意): 宀 (“roof”) + 周 (“full”) + 貝 (“treasure”).
The two lower components of 周 and 貝 had combined to form 貫 (OC *koːn, *koːns, “string of cowries”), hence the incorrect analysis in Shuowen Jiezi of this character as 宀 + 貫.
- cha̍t - vernacular;
- si̍t - literary.
- real; true
- 事實 / 事实 ― shìshí ― truth
- fruit (literal or figurative)
- 果實 / 果实 ― guǒshí ― fruit
- (Cantonese) surely; undoubtedly; definitely
- 實會出事 / 实会出事 [Cantonese] ― sat6 wui5 ceot1 si6 [Jyutping] ― something bad will definitely happen
- (Cantonese: surely): 肯定 (kěndìng), 一定 (yīdìng)
實 • (sil) (hangeul 실, revised sil, McCune-Reischauer sil)
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text